Saturday, April 10, 2010

Black Canyon City Gold Rush


I live in Black Canyon City, Arizona. Love it, love it, love it. This blog will be an attempt to talk you into pulling up stakes and joining me.

Reason number 10. It's pollution free, air is crystal clear, don't know how you breathe down in the Valley, but I would be holding my breath if I were you.

Number 9. The VIEWS, they are spectacular from anywhere you look or live, we are in a canyon, get it???

Number 8. The prices, you don't pay for the clean air or the views. Homes in Black Canyon City are a good value and typically on large lots like 1/2 acre or an acre. Bring your dogs, birds, cats, goats and horses!!

Number 7. No HOA, almost anywhere. Ok, so maybe that's the bad news too, there's no one here to tell you that you can't change your tire in your driveway, or that your visiting daughter can't park in the street in front of your house.

Number 6. The great outdoors is right around the corner. You are one exit away from totally open country in either direction. I can leave on my horse or my 1944 Willys Jeep and be gone in a dash. And I'm in town, "The Spot" a convenience store is one block from me, on a paved road.

Number 5. We're unincorporated. Low taxes, no politics to speak of, just a Chamber of Commerce. That feels good somehow. Meals on Wheels, the Black Canyon City Community Library and the American Legion are our big organizations.

Number 4. We're friendly here. If your car breaks down, I can guarantee someone will stop and help. It's just how we roll.

Number 3. The climate, it's higher and cooler here. Good for at least 5 degrees, many times as much as 10. Lot's more rain, just more comfortable, especially at night.

Number 2. We mind our own business. Your neighbors won't call the cops because your son learned to play the drums or because your dog is barking.

Number 1. Gold. The ground here is full of it, and I'm going to find it. Come join me.

If you enjoyed this, and would like to take a look around Black Canyon City, AZ call me, Tamera at 602-751-5128. We'll have a blast.

Tamera Bourne, Realtor Keller Williams Realty East Valley my website www.tamerabourne.com you can search real estate there and get exclusive email updates as new inventory comes on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment